OTHER WEB SITES OF INTEREST TO
Bourhenne Medical Research Foundation
- Two websites recommended by Anna (Sierra Teacher) are the following:
1. The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
formerly, the National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity; and
2. Sexual Addiction
See: Vicki F. and Richard M. Sharp, Webdoctor: Finding the Best Health Care Online
(St. Martin Griffin; 1998; 557 pp.; Paperback; $29.95). This reference book provides URL
addresses and snapshot summaries of site contents that are cataloged by medical category, e.g.,
mental health, pregnancy, allergies, men's health, eye care, surgery, etc. Images of the 1,380 of
the best medical home pages are included. An enclosed CD-ROM links users directly to these
sites. If you wish to purchase this book through the Internet please go out to "GRG
Recommended Books..." and click on the Amazon.com icon.
- September 21, 2009; Extreme
Body Workout Nutrition Resource Page.
- May 2009. The Caring Space will help
you identify caregivers in your area indexed by US state.
- January 2005. All of Diabetes.com is
your one-stop destination for anything you can think of about Diabetes Mellitus. This Diabetes
Directory is designed to help its users find the diabetes information, sources, companies,
products, and services they need.
- October 2004. The official website of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
(A4M) is Worldhealth.net).
- May 2002. Check out a gerontology website
- March 2002. Check out B. J. Klein's Discussion
Group on the topic of Immortality.
- January 2002. Check out
Longevity Reports. This collection is a ten-year series of newsletters with a
European Cryonics bent.
- February 2001. Check out
www.gbhap.com/journals/336 Gordon and Breach Publishers special journal on Free
- June 2000. The following three sites will help you ferret out the evidence-based
alternative medicine from all the rest...
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative
Medicine from the National Institutes of Health.
- Vicus of Rancho Mirage, California is a
comprehensive site with more than 50 editors and staff writers.
- VitalCast provides comprehensive resources
on alternative health therapies.
- June 24, 2000. Maximum Life Foundation of
Palos Verdes, California is in the process of creating an "incubator" for high-tech gerontology
- April14, 2000. A guide to Geriatric Medicine at the University of Liverpool
- Merck Manual for
Consumers written in plain English.
- October 25, 1999. The AMA's new Guide for the Diagnosis, Management, and
Treatment of Dementia: A Practical Guide for Primary Care Physicians, is available for
by calling 312-464-5563 or 1-800-262-3211 ext. 5563. Click for more details .
- Click on
CNN Health for today's up-to-the-minute stories on anti-aging research.
- Medscape, one of the best medical
information sites on he web. Dr. George Lundgren, M.D., abruptly dismissed by the AMA after
a distinguished 17-year career as Editor-and-Chief of JAMA for publishing an allegedly
politically-incorrect and controversial study, is now the Editor-and-Chief of Medscape [2/24/99].
There is an excellent biographical sketch of Dr. Lundgren in a recent issue of Scientific
American pp. 32-33 (May 1999).
- Visual Genomics, Inc. of
Ohio has provided a free download of their XML-based software for genetic sequencing called
BSML (Bioinformatic Sequence Markup Language) Basic Browser v. 2.1 Beta .
If you have any interest in sequencing data in our continuing search for the set of human gerontic
genes, we strongly recommend that you download this impressive graphical tool.
- Index to Aging Programs
in U.S. Research and Academic Institutions.
- Gerontology Resources
on the World Wide Web and Data Base Search Information from Utah
- WebMD is a medical information service
targeting practicing physicians for $29.95 per month.
- The Andrus Gerontology Center
Brings you Distance Learning Programs from the University of Southern
California in Los Angeles.
- The California State University at
Fullerton Gerontology Educational Program
- João Pedro
Magalhães of Porto, PORTUGAL has a website with a seven-page essay on "What
- To predict Life Expectancy based on your current age and life style, according to actuaries
The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
- The Death Clock flips the coin of the
Life Expectancy Equation above and counts the number of expected seconds remaining in your
life. It not only tells you that you are expected to die on "Friday, October 31st, 2034" or
whatever; it then begins counting down the 1.1 billion odd seconds in the display register in "real
time" right before your eyes, a sobering thought! Instead of a standard estimate, you can also
choose a pessimistic estimate, which forecasts your death in just three more years (no
explanation for exactly what pessimism means), or a sadistic estimate, which predicts
that you will expire sometime later today (Sigh!). The "mortuary" section of the site allows you
to send your friends their own Personal Death Clock as a gift in the form of a "screen saver" in
order to permit them to remind themselves regularly about how little time there is left. However,
not all friends may appreciate this "gift," so, obviously, it is not recommended for
- Medline Selective
Dissemination of Information (SDI) of recent journals. Your can register (free) with this
service, type in a few keywords, and are then E-mailed weekly with a list of new pertinent
articles. Free abstracts are linked to the list, which is a big time saver. Full articles can be ordered
from the site.
- Glenn Foundation for Biomedical Research
Paul F. Glenn, President; Santa Barbara, California
- American Board of Medical Specialties
to locate a physician in your area in any subspecialty
- Medial Board of California to learn more
about a local physician, including disciplinary actions
- Robert Bradbury of Aeiveos, Inc. of
- The Aging Research Centre of
England. Note: This link now appears to be broken (September 14, 2002).
- A4M in Chicago, Illinois
- Methusalem , a German Language
site from Hamburg devoted to Longevity-related topics (with some English translations)
- Prof. Roy Walford, M.D. of UCLA
- Dr. Andrew Weil's page on Spontaneous
- Ask Doctor Weil
- The Anti-Aging Newsletter is a
free, broad-ranging digest of news and commentary about alternative medicine, tips for better
health, and commercial product offers.
- House Call
- The American Heart Association
- The American Cancer Society
- OncoLink: The University of Pennsylvania
- Center for Disease Control: National AIDS
- Greatful Med: National Library of Medicine
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- National Center for Biotechnology
- The Journal of NIH Research
- Pharmaceutical Information Net
- Nature's Herbs, a Division of Twin
- Rob McCaleb Herbs
- Herbal Research Foundation of Boulder,
- Leading-Edge Anti-Aging Therapies by David Paul, M.D., Colorado Longevity Institute
- Lifeline Medical Centers Dr. Steven
Kaye, M.D., Director
- Extropy Institute of Marina del Rey,
- The Los Gatos Longevity Institute Dr. Phil
Miller, M..D., Director
- Wellness Center has a Longevity and
- Visitors can get a personalized nutrition profile
- For the latest on Anti-Aging News and Life
- For Free
- Life Enhancement News
by Will Block and Ward Dean, M.D. in Petaluma, California
- To help elders redefine their retirement
- The National Council On the Aging
- Cognitive Enhancement Research Institute CERI
of Menlo Park, California
- Life Extension Foundation of Hollywood, Florida
Data Corp. of Malden, Massachusetts to search Medline, AIDSLine, or CancerLit
- Intelihealth Aetna jointly with Johns
Hopkins University -- Discontinied, read about it here
- Mayo Clinic's views on various health
- Mayo Clinic's
Diet and Nutrition Resource Center
- PubMed Abstract Data Base
from the NIH/NLM
- New England Journal of Medicine
Abstracts that go back to 1990
- Wellness Web
- Health on the Net (HON) Foundation
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Association of Community Cancer
- CancerGuide Steve Dunn's Cancer Information
- National Cancer Institute Access PDQ
Cancer Tracking System
- National Society of Genetic
Counselors of Wallingford, Pennsylvania or call 610-872-7608
- National Action Plan on Breast Cancer for a
pamphlet or videotape on genetic testing for BRCA-1 and -2 genes ($2,400) or call 1-800-4CA-
NCER [National Cancer Institute] for referrals
- Health from A to Z Medical Network,
Inc. of Princeton, New Jersey
- Mental Health Net
- Sapient Health Network Health Information
for patients with serious chronic illness
- RxList On Line Drug Index of Benecia,
- Health Answers for specific health
- U.S .Gov't. Health-Site Search Engine
- Healthy ideas from Prevention Magazine
- Health Tracker Service to receive E-mail
- Wellness Interactive Network (WIN)
- American Heart Association
- American Medical
Association: Developing your Fitness Program
- The Fitness Files
- American Council on Exercise
- Fitness World
- Locations for 16,000
US Health Clubs
- Run the Planet
- Runner's World
- American Running and Fitness Association
- Shape Up America!
- The US Department of Agriculture Center for
Nutrition and Policy Promotion provides a user-friendly means for checking how well your
particular dietary choices matches up with Federal guidelines.
- To get the latest information on recommendations for Minimum Daily Requirements
(MDRs) on all your vitamin supplement needs go to the
Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine
- Mining Company's Nutrition Guide
- Dole Company 5-a-day for kids
- Ask the Dietitian
- American Dietetic Association -- to locate a
- Weight Watchers
- Life Form -- A windows based program to
track your food intake and exercise program
- Healthnet Connection
- The Online Weight Loss Clinic
- See Rosemary Fisher to combat
osteoporosis and heart disease through diet
- American Dietetic Association .
- American Society for Nutritional Sciences .
- American Society for Clinical Nutrition .
- Institute of Food Technologists .
- American Cancer Society .
- Tufts University School of Nutrition .
- Cyber Diet by Timi Gustafson and Cynthia
- eDiets.com by David Humble in Florida.
- eFit.com .
- Herbal Medicine for Women
. This site does not sell anything and provides solid information.
- Breast Cancer
information on alternative therapies from Columbia University in New York.
- National Counsel on Sexual Addiction and
Compulsivity Experienced Counselors at 770-989-9754. See rename to SASH above.
- AAFA (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of
America); 1133 20th Street, NW, Suite 302; Washington, D.C. 20036;
- AAFA of Southern California ; 5900
Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2330; Los Angeles, CA 90036; Voice: 323-937-7859
- UCLA Conference on Human Germ Line
Engineering , organized by Dr. Gregory Stock
Laboratories that can provide Antioxidant Profiles:
A useful world-wide discussion group called LONGEVITY
DIGEST can be joined by sending an E-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org at the University of
British Columbia in Canada. We sometimes get six or seven messages a day from this
professionally edited discussion group.
As of September, Mr. Brian Rowley has temporarily moved to UC Riverside where he is
doing graduate work in biology. In his absence others are attempting to carry on with the
discussion group as best they can.